Saturday, October 9, 2010

IMAGINATION




















to imagine


Our most powerful asset is our mind.
Its powers are virtually unlimited.
And often largely untapped.
With imagination we can create new worlds.
And improve old ones.
Live our wildest dreams.
And dream our wildest lives.
Imagination has neither rules nor boundaries.

W. Stevens


Imagination is a wonderful thing. Some people have more imagination than others. What would the world be without the ability of imagination? I, live with a man, my husband, who has alot of imagination.We have a double garage which has never been a garage, it's a workplace. It's my husband's domain,filled with tools, containers of nuts and bolts,and a stereo as well as a small television. The stereo is either playing music or my husband is watching tv as he is working on something or taking a break. In this domain, there should be a sign"Beware Of Where You Walk". Husband is prone to have alot of items scattered over the floor.I, take care of the house, my husband does whatever he wants with the appearance of the garage. It's not uncommon, for me while in the kitchen to hear an electric saw, sparks flying from a blow torch when my husband is welding as well as a hammer hitting metal. I, tell my husband "It's a war zone". Items all over the floor as well as a path of items leading into the garage. We have 4 acres of land. Often my husband is coming up with ideas. He is also a Great Mechanic, which causes us to have cars, trucks, tillers, lawnmowers in the yard to be fixed for other people. Husband loves to use his imagination to build things.I'm always amazed and often shake my head as to what item he will make. Above in this post are photos of things that have been made. Husband is very thrifty. After going back and forth to a car/junk yard, he built what I refer as "The Bullet".This is an air compressor that can be moved to another part of the property to blow up flat tires on the tractor. "The Bullet", has a driver's seat, steering wheel and brakes. It's wild seeing this item being driven by my husband. Other items that you will See in our yard A removable blower attachment to a green old riding mower.Beware, this has alot of power and dust and leaves will fly. There's a ladder that can be attached and removed from a cart. we needed to reach heights to trim trees. Micki, our youngest dog loves to go on rides. His Daddy built a seat on the green mover so he had a place to sit. It' funny watching "my 2 boys" going for a ride. In the yard we have an 8 ft. wind mill as well as the part of a car framed on the barn. I think of all the imagination flowing , the jeep is a work of art. In one of the photos above there is a junky old jeep. It had to be towed into the yard as well as another jeep. we had 2 jeeps that were dead. Like Lazarus, a jeep was made using these 2 clunkers. This jeep works and my husband will take all 5 dogs for rides. Currently a 1973 truck is almost finished with a new engine, paint job, and other extras. We could use this truck as I hate to always haul items in the van. I'm certain, that there other items built by my husband, but my mind is blank. I, guess my memory as well as my imagination is gone. In all of this post, my thoughts are imagination is great and that we need to use the brain and talents that God gave us. Do you use your imagination? Do you use your talents?

19 comments:

  1. HI ROSE,
    WHAT A GREAT POST, YES....IMAGINATIONTION IS VERY IMPORTANT. I THINK IT IS GREAT YOUR HUSBAND HAS HIS OWN DOMAIN, MY HUSBAND HAD HIS WORKSHOP TOO. YOUR HUSBAND HAS ACCOMPLISHED A LOT MAKING THAT JEEP, HE AND YOUR BABIES MUST HAVE FUN. I LOVE TO DO CRAFTS SO I AM THINKING ALL THE TIME WHAT TO MAKE. HAVE A NICE DAY. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful post Rose! I love how you wrote a piece about your hubby and once again sharing a bit about yourself.

    He's sounds very innovative and is always busy and full of ideas to come. this is life, isn't it?

    I have a favorite quote, I'm not sure who said it but it is 'To know is nothing at all, to imagine is everything'

    what's really funny about this is, it's kind of an oxymoron, for if you know that imagination is everything, then you know something.

    talents/imagination yes, I do use mine. I just don't push to make money off of them.

    love your photo's
    thank you so much for your post
    it's always a pleasure to read an article from you
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those creative imaginative people. Entrepreneurs are so important in our country --and our Govt. is gradually taking all of that away from us. They want the Govt. to run everything and tell all of us what we can and cannot do... Drives me crazy... BUT--I won't say anything more about it here... ha

    I am proud of those who are creative... My creativity comes in my music, my photography, my counseling and my organization skills. I am NOT creative like your hubby is, and I admire people who have that kind of creativity. It takes ALL of us to make the world go round...

    Love your post and tell you hubby how wonderful he is!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post and the message it conveyed. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your pots Rose. Your hubby is one creative genius. I think you are very well blessed to have such an innovative man around all the time! Blessings Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my GSD Gunny lives to ride in the Jeep. We are all huge fans of Jeep in my family and at holidays, the driveway looks like a used Jeep car lot!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't use my imagination like your husband, not at all. I'm not technically or mechanically inclined at all. I go for more creative, artsy projects. I guess we all find our niche in terms of expressing ourselves.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your story! And yes - we must learn to use our imagination - it makes life so much more interesting!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these imagination pics. It is necessary to have imagination!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was this really posted two days ago? How did I miss it? Well, I'm glad it's found now! Is the bullet the last picture, that was one I enlarged, it is so strange looking! One wouldn't know what was coming at them!! I love the green color of the lawnmower. And I would love to have that windmill, so much prettier than the ones you see for sale. Unfortunatly, I am not artistic and don't believe I have much if an imagination. My writing is about as far as my talents go. But you are very lucky to have a husband who can fix things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagine one day my husband would actually know what to do with all the tools he has:-) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank the Lord for a good imagination...mine got me through some tough times growing up!

    As for big boys and their toys...it looks like your husband enjoys his! My hubby likes to "play" too, but on a smaller scale. His tractor makes him happiest :)

    I'd like to see a pic of your "dog child" riding in that extra seat :) Have a great day! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How blessed to have such an imagination and the ability to act on it.
    I have always wanted to be able to pull my own weight in a workshop - no, not my talent. But I do enjoy what others can do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband saves everything and I do mean everything. It is great to have a good imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As children our imaginations run wild but as we get older our imaginations become dull. Sad :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rose how great is this!Your husband is cool!And has an amazing imagination.
    Thanks for visiting LazyonLoblolly,and i agree I don't like driving in fog.period.
    -Jo
    -LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful post, Rose!! So true and with such wise & creative words!! :-) Love the pictures too!!! You can be very creative with the treasures of yesterday!! :-)

    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wish my husband had other tools then just duct tape! Sounds like your home is a bit of a war zone tho. With 4 kids I'm always using my imagination...keeps me sharp and my kids on thier toes...turning off the TV helps. Great post Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hubby sounds like my dad, only difference is my dad wishes he had a garage like that.

    My creativity isn't much, photography, crocheting, organizing and blogging.

    ReplyDelete